We visited the Damneon Floating Market about 2 hours from Bangkok. We got to it in what they call "James Bond boats" They are like long canoes that seat 7 and it took us about 25 minutes going down lots of canals to get there. The canals were up about 3-4 feet here too but most of the houses were on stilts.
Very different way of life. The market was like nothing I ever seen. Some of the stores are actually on dry land with small canals all around and then other vendors come in their boats and sell food and anything else you can imagine. And, yes, I have done some shopping. My bargaining skills are still in tip top shape. I've made some good deals.
Next we drove about an hour to the Rose Garden Resort and had a buffet lunch and saw a Thai culture performance. And yes, I have elephant pictures, but more to come.
Tomorrow we had to northern Thailand, but have to take an alternate route because the main road has been damaged by the flooding. Also, we are not able to go to Auttaya because it is totally submerged, so they are taking us to another heritage site.
More from the Travlin Fish at the next hotel stop.
Very different way of life. The market was like nothing I ever seen. Some of the stores are actually on dry land with small canals all around and then other vendors come in their boats and sell food and anything else you can imagine. And, yes, I have done some shopping. My bargaining skills are still in tip top shape. I've made some good deals.
Next we drove about an hour to the Rose Garden Resort and had a buffet lunch and saw a Thai culture performance. And yes, I have elephant pictures, but more to come.
Tomorrow we had to northern Thailand, but have to take an alternate route because the main road has been damaged by the flooding. Also, we are not able to go to Auttaya because it is totally submerged, so they are taking us to another heritage site.
More from the Travlin Fish at the next hotel stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment